- Whisk together the egg, milk and tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre, and slowly whisk in the liquid until you have a smooth batter. Fold in the diced banana.
- Lay the bacon on a tray lined with baking paper and drizzle each piece with maple syrup. Bake at 180°C for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan and lightly grease with oil or butter.
- Fry dessertspoon amounts of pikelet mix 6 at a time until bubbles appear on the surface, turn with a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Top each pikelet with a tablespoon of ricotta, a slice of maple bacon and a sprinkle of thyme and serve while warm.