- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over Medium heat.
- Add garlic, chilli, onions, sugar, thyme and basil, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until onions are soft. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to a 20cm x 45cm rectangle
- Remove top sheet of baking paper, then brush a 4cm-thick border around pastry with egg wash. Fold all 4 edges in by 3cm, pressing firmly to seal.
- Transfer pastry with baking paper to an oven tray, then brush border with egg wash. Using a fork, prick pastry, avoiding border.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until light brown and crisp (we need to test this).
- Scatter caramelised onions, figs, prosciutto, goat's cheese, tomatoes and extra basil to serve.
- Finish with Basil Oil.