These chips always create a frenzy at parties; they’re a lovely gourmet alternative to regular potato chips and are a great accompaniment to soft cheeses, olives, dried tomatoes and cold cuts.
- Peel 2 parsnips and 1 large sweet potato and shred into strips using a potato peeler or mandolin.
- Soak in cold water for 30 minutes to remove some of the starch.
- Heat 1 litre of vegetable oil to 180°C.
- Drain the chips well and dry on paper towel.
- Fry in small batches until crisp and drain on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
Season with sea salt, stand back and watch the frenzy begin!