Recently the artisans at D’Orsogna put their heads together to create a series of 12 scrumptious recipes for you and your family!
Enjoy THE THIRD RECIPE and discover how to make A TASTY LUNCHBOX
- Sift the self-raising flour into a large bowl and add the grated cheese, toss to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, cooled melted butter and a pinch of salt and pepper to a large measuring jug and whisk together until combined.
- Squeeze Zucchini in a clean tea towel to remove excess liquid (not sure we need to do this but will test)
- Add the grated zucchini, sliced ham, chopped tomato and the liquid ingredients to the bowl with the flour and grated cheese and gently stir until just combined.
- Heat your frying pan over a medium heat and add a little butter. Use a tablespoon to scoop up the pikelet mixture and place six of them (or however many will fit into your frying pan) into your pre-heated pan. Cook for 2 minutes before carefully flipping the pikelets over and cook for a further one minute on the other side.
- Transfer the cooked pikelets to a rack to cool. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Serve with salsa / corn and other lunch box vegetables